21 Sep General Freight Loader – Christchurch
Summerland Express Freight Ltd is a family owned and operated company running express freight services across the South Island.
Due to continual growth, we are looking for more General Freight Loaders / Handlers – Various rosters are available (listed below) When applying, please sure you specify what shift you are interested in.
Our Christchurch Depot is a 7 Day a week operations. Duties include loading and unloading vehicles using lifting devices, observing safety requirements when loading and unloading vehicles, estimating weights to comply with load limitations and checking maintaining good condition of goods.
Position / Rosters Available – Please state in Application desired Position
- Freight Loader – Sunday – Thursday – 3pm Start each day & Sunday – 12pm
- Freight Loader – Tuesday – Saturday – 3pm Start each day & Saturday – 12pm
- Freight Loader – Friday – Tuesday – 3pm Start each Day & Saturday/Sunday – 12pm
- Freight Handler – Monday – Friday – 2pm Start
- Must have proven experience in General Freight & Dangerous Goods Loading
- Current class 1 license with F endorsement (Classes 2 – 5 or DG endorsement advantageous)
- Current Forklift Operator Certificate
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and progress upwards
- Able to lift up to 20kg
- Reliable and have a can do positive attitude
- Good communication skills, be able to interact and provide a friendly service to an array of customers and staff
- Demonstrable care and passion for the equipment driven or used
- A commitment to Health and Safety
The Successful candidate will be required to pass a drug & alcohol test & Ministry of Justice Criminal Conviction check